Thank you for your interest for the ACT Against Anxiety group for teens between 13-17 years. Spots are available on a first-come-first serve basis. Fill out the interest form linked below.
Act Against Anxiety is a FREE 4-week online group for teens with stress and anxiety. We will teach resilience skills based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), a science-based treatment to more flexibly respond to stress and difficult emotions.
Weekly practical skills can help your child:
- Better handle difficult thoughts and feelings.
- Figure out what really matters to them in their life.
- Get back to doing things that make their life more joyful and meaningful!
This group is right for your child if they:
- Are between 13 and 17 years old.
- Are struggling with stress or feelings of anxiety.
- Would like to learn skills for how to better manage stress and difficult emotions.
- Would like to be part of a supportive environment of other teens.
(To create a collaborative group environment, we ask all group members to plan to have their camera on for the duration of the group.)
If you think this group might be the right fit for you or your child, fill out the following interest form:
Anna Alkozei, PhD works with the UCLA Center for Child Anxiety, Resilience, Education, and Support. Anna creates a supportive environment where everyone feels valued and welcomed. As a group leader, she will share practical skills that build emotional resilience and open discussion about real-life experiences with these skills.
Dr. Alkozei earned a PhD from the University of Reading in the United Kingdom and obtained a Re-Specialization in Clinical Psychology from the University of Arizona. She has completed her Clinical Psychology Internship at the UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior. During her Clinical Psychology Re-Specialization, she received training in various evidence-based psychological interventions, including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Motivational Interviewing (MI).