CARES Youth Collective
Understanding Youth Stress and Anxiety Listening Sessions
Upcoming Listening Sessions
Join an open discussion surrounding the anxiety resources and information needed by current high school students.
May 20, 2021 | 12-1pm
What is the CARES Youth Collective?
The CARES Youth Collective (CYC) is a group of college and high school students working with the UCLA CARES Center to bring youth voices and perspective to anxiety resources.
Why are we hosting listening sessions?
We are hosting listening sessions to incorporate the perspectives of even more students, understand how students are currently coping with anxiety, and facilitate discussion around the types of resources we can develop to help other students manage anxiety.
Who would join our listening sessions?
High school students invested in the improvement of mental health resources and interested in contributing to a growing source of anxiety tools.
What will a listening session be like?
- 45-60 minute discussion over Zoom
- Predetermined discussion questions/prompts
- Facilitated by UCLA students and CARES staff
- Each group will include 8-20 volunteer high school students
- Students may choose to stay anonymous during the discussion
What do volunteers get for participating?
- Volunteer hours (certificate available)
- A chance to win a gift card!
- An opportunity to share your ideas and improve resources for others
- Connection with a community of likeminded peers